Work for the Dole Coordinator Services
Djerriwarrh Community & Education Services is the Work for the Dole Coordinator in the Employment region of Western Melbourne.
Please click the link below to view a map of the region.
What is Work for the Dole?
The Work for the Dole (WfD) program places job seekers in activities where they can gain skills and experience that give back to the community and can help them find a job. Activities can be hosted by not-for-profit organisations and government agencies.
WfD can help job seekers to:
- develop the skills that employers want
- show employers that they are ready to start work
- meet new people and make contacts who could be referees
- get involved in their local community.
The program gives organisations an extra set of hands to help to undertake activities that could not normally be done.
What does a Work for the Dole Coordinator do?
Work for the Dole Coordinators (WfDC) work to identify suitable Work for the Dole activities for job seekers. They also work with jobactive providers to match jobseekers to activities.
As Work for the Dole Coordinators for the Western Melbourne Region, we at Djerriwarrh:
- work with potential host organisations to source suitable places across our Region
- conduct a risk assessment of each potential Work for the Dole place to ensure there is a safe system of work
- negotiate the funding to be provided to the host organisation to assist to cover the cost of the Work for the Dole places
- advertise Work for the Dole places to jobactive providers to be filled by eligible job seekers
- identify and promote good practice in managing Work for the Dole places.
At Djerriwarrh, we don’t just provide our hosts with assistance in organising and running their Work for the Dole Activities. We also like to connect hosts and organisations to each other. This allows them to provide valuable Work for the Dole Activities and also gives them opportunities to collaborate in their existing community support programs.